Errors in log when mover runs

I am getting some strange errors I don't understand when the mover runs. I am on version 4.7 I snipped the log just as the I kicked off the mover.

Is this anything to worry about? I have seen a couple of these in the past but the array seems to run fine.

Edit

Changed syslog to show that after it gets done tossing all the errors that the files begin to move with no apparent issue.

syslog.txt

looks like the error was in the Mach3.chd file 13.8 GB file the local drive i copied it off of was a new ( but failing ) replacement file was probably corupted before it got to the cache drive.

So all of the errors was related to the one bad file?

Replaced the file with a known good copy so nothing was lost.

The log indicates a problem with the HDD that may be corrected buy running preclear. This error can not be caused by a corrupt file. The result of the HDD error is the corrupt file. If the file was corrupt before the transfer to the cache drive then it has at least 2 corruptions. One corruption due to the HDD error and any additional corruptions that existed before it was copied. The issue with the HDD will not resolve until the bad sector is rewritten. Since pre-clear writes to all sectors it may correct the issue.

On second thought, I have a 1TB drive coming in as an RMA from a drive with a dead servo. Think I will preclear that and use it as the cache drive. I can use the better utilize the 1.5TB elsewhere after I let preclear take care of the problem.

Run pre-clear then check SMART.

With over 200 sectors pending re-allocation, odds of it getting better with a pre-clear cycle is slim.

We'll soon see.  Post a second SMART report once it has gone through a preclear once more.

Joe L.

Will do JoeL the recertified drives I have been getting from WD have been complete JUNK got one I put in my desktop and it started sounding like I was making margaritas within two hours, ran their diagnostics on it and it had a failed servo. Think someone is asleep in the quality control dept.

Will do JoeL the recertified drives I have been getting from WD have been complete JUNK got one I put in my desktop and it started sounding like I was making margaritas within two hours, ran their diagnostics on it and it had a failed servo. Think someone is asleep in the quality control dept.

Or, it got dropped too many times on its way to you.  (Oops parcel service)

Archived