After moving from cache, items remain on cache

I've got a strange thing going on

Normally when i press to invoke the move script, things are moved from my cache drive to the array

but now it seems (after invoking script) things are on my array and on my cache, how come the things on the cache are still there?

Is it safe to remove it from the cache? without losing it in the array?

Normally when i press to invoke the move script, things are moved from my cache drive to the array

but now it seems (after invoking script) things are on my array and on my cache, how come the things on the cache are still there?

Are you absolutely certain the files are in both places?  (They will look like they are in the user-shares, as the two sets of files are presented as if they are in the same directory.)

If files are not being moved, it is because there is either no space on the physical disk, or, the split level prevents it, or, the file is in use. (files being used (read or written) are skipped.

Are you absolutely certain the files are in both places?  (They will look like they are in the user-shares, as the two sets of files are presented as if they are in the same directory.)

If files are not being moved, it is because there is either no space on the physical disk, or, the split level prevents it, or, the file is in use. (files being used (read or written) are skipped.

Don't know, how can i be 100% sure

Files arent in use, split level shouldnt be it, cause it did before and i didnt change a thing, so it should be space problems, but i got 50gb on each disk free, and the total of it is less than 50 so... i dunno

Just checked

i have 3 data disks , all have around 45gb free disk space, the one with lowest has 42.3gb free

Total that has to be moved is 35 gb (on cache)

It has this things:

AllData\Media\Movies\

with 5 movie folders in it

Share is

AllData

Split level is 3

Min free space there is 50gb (is this the problem??????)

that's it.  As configured, it needs a disk with more than 50GB of space before a move will occur.

how much should i set it to then? i mostly use mkv files around 8 gig

but now and then i move blurays too which are around 20-25gig

I suggest that you manually move the last few files that fill a disk. This should not be something that needs to be done often. Also consider that reiserfsck performance tanks on disks with very little free space so adding a new disk to the array is advisable. Keeping at least 25GB free per disk should avoid performance problems.

that's it.  As configured, it needs a disk with more than 50GB of space before a move will occur.

how much should i set it to then? i mostly use mkv files around 8 gig

but now and then i move blurays too which are around 20-25gig

You should upgrade the drive, or add more drives. Don't go under 50GB free on resierFS in my opinion. Some say ~25GB, but i've noticed speed loss across the entire server after about 50GB free.

I agree. I keep 50GB free on my disks for performance and contingency. Reiserfs is the file system used by unRAID. It has many great features and benefits but good performance under high disk utilization is not one of them. It was not designed to be used on disks with 100% utilization.

Archived