Couchpotato not Renaming/Moving files

wjbeckett

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get a hand with my setup. I am very new to all of this so please bare with me..

My downloads folder is set to: -

/mnt/user/Cache/appsData/utserver/download/Movies

and the location I want CP to move the files to is: -

/mnt/user/Cache/Media/Movies

These are not on a cache drive. The naming of the directory "Cache" is merely for initial setup. I just wanted to make sure I could get this working first.

I have made sure the permissions on both folders is 777 root users. and CP is running as 'nobody' which is part of the users group so there shouldn't be and permissions issues..

I have checked the CP log from the web interface and I can't see any errors... there isn't even any indication that the renamer is even scanning the directory..

So bottom line is I have a movie sitting in the download directory and CP is not picking it up to rename and move it.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone try to shed some light on the situation? Is there a command I can run to show a better log?

Thanks.

William

• 2 weeks later...

Which version of CouchPotato are you using?

I never could get v1 to name my movies correctly. It would see the movie under a folder named movie & kept renaming every movie to "Movies, Aspirin and Vultures[2005]". However, v2 has worked flawlessly for me.

Another bit of info you might want to add... how did you install CP (did you use a plugin? which one?). Influencer has a support thread for his plugins at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21260.0

*Edit: I am running CP as root. Was more concerned with getting everything working first then will worry about making it more secure later (it is on a private LAN). I think I have seen discussions on permissions in Influencer's thread. Even if you are not using his plugin, the thread may provide the info you need concerning permissions.

I'm using his plugins. and v2.

It all works fine under root but not under nobody.

I fixed it now though, I did a chmod and chown again, stopped and restarted both the array and CPv2 and verified that it is indeed running as nobody, sure enough, it's working great now!

Archived