Getting a status update on a drive being cleared?

drawz

Ok, I learned my lesson about not preclearing drives before adding them to the array. I just added a 2TB Seagate Green drive to my storage pool. The unRAID web GUI is completely inaccessible and there is constant drive activity, so I'm assuming it is clearing. I actually did originally preclear this drive, but now I'm moving it from parity to storage and didn't think to do it again.

On to my question: is it possible to get a status update from the command line? I have no problem connecting via telnet, but the GUI seems to be dead for the time being.

As a side note, the web GUI (emhttp I'm assuming) really should be an independent process so that something like this doesn't eliminate it's availability.

Eventually finished clearing and all looks good. I still think this shouldn't lock up the web interface. One simple solution would be to have the webGUI issue a preclear command and then format and add it to the array. Better yet would be to separate the webGUI process from the real action in general.

• 5 weeks later...

Eventually finished clearing and all looks good. I still think this shouldn't lock up the web interface. One simple solution would be to have the webGUI issue a preclear command and then format and add it to the array. Better yet would be to separate the webGUI process from the real action in general.

Just got to this thread through a google search, I couldn't agree more, wish I could tell how far along the cleaning process is so I can know if I can wait to start transferring files before I go to bed or not :P

Archived