File List Generation

I would really like to get this moving too.  I have some backup servers, and I want to get a full file index of every file on my servers, and be able to track the changes to the servers.  Anybody have anything started on this yet? 

I'm guessing it best to create an SQLITE database?

Anybody have some sample code I can start playing with?

If you want to code your own, I can't help;  but see the tools I mentioned in Reply #20 ==> you can very easily do what you want from Windows.

Once I rebuild my tower unRAID server, I'll try and recoup the tools I used to make the filelists.

It's been a slow recovery for me.

I would really like to get this moving too.  I have some backup servers, and I want to get a full file index of every file on my servers, and be able to track the changes to the servers.  Anybody have anything started on this yet? 

I'm guessing it best to create an SQLITE database?

Anybody have some sample code I can start playing with?

That's what I started to do. I was playing with ftwk and ftwk64 and then inserting them into sqlite tables. Only thing I found with the journalling the SQLITE can take a bit of time. If you do it on the ram drive it's fast, but on a magnetic drive with parity it was a bit slow.  I have to find my old code and start it up again.

I had it going with MD5 storage and quick tool to do what locate does. We'll see what I can dig up. I was finally able to build a slackware dev environment and I scored an Areca controller to capture my source archive. I just have to finish a couple projects at work.

• 4 months later...