Raspberry Pi with Sickbeard and SabNzbd

batt01

We will see. I have Sab installed, will install SB tomorrow or Monday. I might see blue smoke coming from the thing. MaYbe I will connect a 5500rmp Delta Fan to keep it cool.

I really bought the rpi as learning tool, to get better at linux. I started messing with linux with Dreambox satellite boxes, then moved on to MythTV add DVB-S Sat Cards, under Ubuntu then Tivo modding and I learn a bit more as I go along.

If sab/sb proves to be unworkable, and it dont burst into flames. I will pop the other SD can in and go back to using it as a xbmc player.

I suspect sabnzbd is absolutely gonna destroy that thing unless you use cpulimit on the par2 process

Running SABnzbd on a low-power machine is madness. It uses a lot of RAM and CPU, even excluding par2

nzbget was specifically designed to run on low-power systems like routers, which have even lower specs than the Pi.

http://raspberry-blog.com/howto/installing-nzbget-on-raspberry-pi/

The latest revision of nzbget has a really nice interface. There are a few features it lacks compared to SAB, but nothing major. It has several useful features for running on low-spec platforms -- you can tell it to stop repairing if the predicted repair time is going to be too long, for example.

I used to run nzbget on a Buffalo LinkStation with about 1/2 the RAM and CPU of a Pi. SABnzbd would bring it to its knees and just crash all the time. nzbget ran for years on end.

I run nzbget on my unRAID server over SAB as it uses much fewer resources.

http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

CqJbh.png

Nzb get would be a better option. I did get Sab working, download speed was about 550kbs and it unrar ed the file, which took a while. Performance was acceptable for such a low powered device.

Best use of this device is for media playback and not downloading. Openelec v2 is recently and it is a vast improvement over RaspXbmc, which I was using before. Flawless 1080p playback for 35 dollars.