Slow internal transfer speed

Not sure if this relates to the RC but I am running the latest.

Transfer speeds for unraid do not bother me in any way normally, but for the last couple of days I have been reorganising my media setup in an effort to keep more disks spun-down. To make that happen I am transferrring several terrabytes accross disks (using MC from console).

I get transfer speeds of 4 MB/s on an average... That -DOES- seem slow to me... It does not hamper me, I just let this stuff running and I do not care if it takes a week, but....  Whats the opinion, is this "right"?

The attached syslog is of last night, I knocked out the plug and had an unclean shutdown which is why parity sync is now running, during the time I experienced above speeds there were no parity syncs running and there also was no noticeable activity on my plugins (see my sig).

syslog.zip

The attached syslog is of last night, I knocked out the plug and had an unclean shutdown which is why parity sync is now running, during the time I experienced above speeds there were no parity syncs running and there also was no noticeable activity on my plugins (see my sig).

Am now copying some stuff again and I get internal speeds on the server of 7 to 12 MB/s, that is allready more like it.

I did a reboot but I have done that before but what I also did was clean up a lot of duplicate files that I had.

Unraid lists all the doubles in the syslog ofcourse, could it be that the existence of duplicate files does something with write speed ? Syslog is continuously listing them so in some way the array continuously "notices" that there are duplicates (and maybe that has impact on speed ?)

EDIT: Speeds are back down to 4,  5  or 6 MB/s and no duplicates, so that was a coincidence.

syslog.zip

Archived