1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 3GB/S 7200.11 - $200 (Pre Order)

musicmann

I guess they're coming!  Buy.com is taking pre-orders with free shipping.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208921110

Now if that would just push the 1 TB down to about $100... although the PricePerGig is awful close (just under) to the what the $139 1 TB Deals have been...

Not sure I'm excited to buy a new one just to have to use it as my Parity drive (since it has to be the biggest).

Now if that would just push the 1 TB down to about $100... although the PricePerGig is awful close (just under) to the what the $139 1 TB Deals have been...

Not sure I'm excited to buy a new one just to have to use it as my Parity drive (since it has to be the biggest).

I'm not sure what the normal street price of these are going to be once they are available, but $200 seems really good.  Less than a year ago, 1TB drives were a good bit more than $200/each.  $220 was a great price on eBay when I was buying WD 1TB drives back in November and December of last year.  Then again, how long will Buy.com have your money before the drives are ready to ship?

• 2 weeks later...