Implementing UPS monitoring

fido666

I am running UnRAID 4.7 Plus and have finally gotten around to hooking it up to my CyberPower BR850ELCD UPS.  I was checking the CyberPower support page and notice they have Linux versions of the monitoring software available.  I'm not sure which of the following flavours it supports :- TAR,RPM, or DEB either 32bit or 64bit.

I understand RPM is Red Hat related and DEB is for Debian releases so I'm guessing TAR is my only possible option but I don't know how to add TAR packages to my build or even if I can.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running UnRAID 4.7 Plus and have finally gotten around to hooking it up to my CyberPower BR850ELCD UPS.  I was checking the CyberPower support page and notice they have Linux versions of the monitoring software available.  I'm not sure which of the following flavours it supports :- TAR,RPM, or DEB either 32bit or 64bit.

tar, if any of those.

I understand RPM is Red Hat related and DEB is for Debian releases so I'm guessing TAR is my only possible option but I don't know how to add TAR packages to my build or even if I can.  Any help would be appreciated.

You might try the apcupsd package (or plugin) as many have reported some UPS other than APC also work.  Otherwise, it is not as simple as installing the UPS monitor, you must also tie it into the clean shutdown of the unRAID array.  Again, look at the apcupsd plugin for what files are involved.

Archived