2 questions. 1 cooling & 1 softwar related

sam_roberts30

Firstly cooling...

My system is built in a lian li pc343b case with 5x 5in3 hotswap caddies each with an 80mm fan in the rear, 2x 80mm case fans and 4x120mm case fans. The case has 3x 5.25 bays spare. All the fans might seem a bit over kill but I like my system cool. At the moment I am using manual fan controlllers to control the fan speed all set to maximum. I'm looking for a way to automate them so they speed up/slow down according to the temps of the hdds.

Can anyone suggest some hardware that can monitor the drives and adjust the fans accordingly?

Secondly, I want to reinstall Unraid because over the years I have installed, uninstalled addons, tweaked this and that and generally didn't keep track of what I did.

If I was to delete all the entries in \boot\packages and delete all the lines config/go script except

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Would this put it back to stock?

I do have BitFenix Recon controller on my server, so far I'm happy with it (there is some videos about it on youtube) and also I know ( in fact I did suggested it :) ) that Phoebetria (sourceforge) project guys are working on a simple Linux command line tool that will allow to control Recon, set fan speeds, get temperatures, etc.

So that you have an idea this was my proposed syntax for the tool (one of the programmers asked me to suggest it):

phoebetria -h

Usage: phoebetria [OPTIONS] ...

-h, --help
         Display this help and exit

-i, --info [ch]
         Show current temperatures and fan speeds

-m, --manual-speed [ch] [value_to_set]
         Show/Set manual fan speed values in RPM

-a, --alarm-temp [ch] [value_to_set]
         Show/Set alarm temperatures

-s, --device-settings [auto=0/1] [celcius=0/1] [sound=0/1]
         Show/Set device settings

-d, --display-channel <ch>
         Set current device display channel

-c, --celcius
         Show/Set temperatures in degrees celcius

-f, --fahrenheit
         Show/Set temperatures in degrees fahrenheit

Note: On --manual-speed, --alarm-temp and --device-settings
      omit [value_to_set] to get the currently set values.
      You can also omit the [ch] parameter to get values for
      all channels.

with -i returning something like:

Ch  Temp  Speed
1   35ºC  1000 RPM  (max: 1300 RPM)
2   35ºC  1000 RPM  (max: 1300 RPM)
3   35ºC  1000 RPM  (max: 1300 RPM)
4   35ºC  1000 RPM  (max: 1300 RPM)
5   35ºC  1000 RPM  (max: 1300 RPM)

anyway note that the tool is not available yet, but one of the Phoebetria project guys said that is working on it for soon, basically it is not hard task as Phoebetria project already haves all code (available on sourceforge) to interface Recon hardware, it's just a matter of build the code to parse command line params, print inofs and some small changes to handle asynchronous calls that are made on current Phoebetria gui version to get data from the device...

Archived