Browsing unRAID samba share slow on Mountain Lion

Hi guys,

I have this annoying issue when browsing my unraid samba share on my mountain lion mac pro and even my macbook pro. It takes around 5-10 seconds maybe even 15 seconds before the files show up. I never experienced this issue browsing a windows samba share before. What could be the cause for the lag I'm experiencing?

Your help is appreciated guys, are other people experiencing the same.

Justin  8)

This could be due to a delay while the disks are spun up if you have not accessed the array for a while?  Are you using the cache-dirs unRAID add-on?  It can help eliminate delays due to spinning up the disks while browsing the shares.

Hmmm never heard of cache-dir addon, where can i get it? I am using a cache drive but not the addon?

This could be due to a delay while the disks are spun up if you have not accessed the array for a while?  Are you using the cache-dirs unRAID add-on?  It can help eliminate delays due to spinning up the disks while browsing the shares.

Hmmm never heard of cache-dir addon, where can i get it? I am using a cache drive but not the addon?

The thread that talks about it is at http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19789.0.

I believe it is also included in other add-ons such as the Simple Features plugins.  I am wondering if it is intended that it become a standard part of unRAID - it would certainly seem a good idea to me with the perceived performance boost it brings when browsing shares.