Unraid does not start if i connect a disk to one of the 3 Raidcontroller

Hi,

when i plug in a new Disk to one of the 4 Motherboard S-ata places, the Unraid starts with no problems. But when i plug in the Disk to one of my three PCI Raid-Controllers the Server only starts to check the Raid Controllers and than stands still at the Motherboard Screenshot (Name of Board and the hint to press enf for bios) and i can not do anything, only shut down and unplugg the device.

My Board is the Asus ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Z77.

Is this a Bios Setting problem?

My Raidcontrollers does work with Unraid in my old Server with an old Motherboard.

That is either an incompatibility between MB and raid card or a failure of one of those cards .

The first thing you can check by yourself by googling it.

As for the second thing: You mention you have 3 of those raid cards, remove two and try with only one.. Maybe they are fighting amongst each other.

One other thing you can check: Could it be that your bios wants to boot off one of those drives?  Check if the bios is set to only boot from usb..

i have this raid controller: DeLOCK 70154. I can´t find if this controller is compatibel or not.

I have try the hot plugs of every place and its allways the same. The only thing i have not test, is try only one Raid Controller and unplug the others.

My Boot Options are only from USB, but when i start with the disk at the Raid-Controller i can´t open the bios settings, maybe it change it automaticle.

when i start the bios settings, plug in the disk after start bios and than go to boot options: boot from flash - the system starts! but when i restart, the system does not start anymore... (test with one raid controller)

the only boot option is flash, everything else is not activated. maybe any option wants to start from the new disk automaticle. do you know what i can do?

Archived