Supermicro X9SRi-F Mainboard with SCU

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c600/x9sri-f.cfm

will these SCU sata ports work in unraid ?

and any chance to run vmware with vtd ?

can these onboard sata ports be routed to virtual unraid ?

it is the only new motherboard they have here in Thailand at a decent price

second choice would be tyan server boards

Tyan S5512WGM2NR

but that has an older cpu setup

same questions here

vmware and vtd?

can this onboard sas ports be routed to virtual unraid ?

[/code]

ESXi 5.0 Update 1 added support for Intel C600-series chipsets, so that would mean your board is supported.  It absolutely has VT-d support, you can check the link to the manual via the link you posted, it's stated on page 1-11.

Unsure about the SCU ports being supported via passthrough, however based on them being supported in VMware, they should work just fine using the RDM method.  (Note I said should - I think you might find it tough going to find anyone that has actually tested this particular board.)

• 3 years later...

I have bought this motherboard second hand, here are some observations:

• The fans keep cycling unless i have them on full speed - have yet to resolve.
  • SCU works fine with my drives. I get 150mb/s parity checks and i have the whole thing fully loaded.
  • There are 2 USB controller groups, and all the ports are in the same group - very disappointed here.
  • It will not passthrough my Xbox 360 controller, it gives a "submiturb failed error -1 errno=28" constantly.
  • GPU passthrough works without "PCIe ACS Override" just fine!

The USB controller groups really got me though, i expected more :(

Anyone else have this board?

I have bought this motherboard second hand, here are some observations:

• The fans keep cycling unless i have them on full speed - have yet to resolve.
  • SCU works fine with my drives. I get 150mb/s parity checks and i have the whole thing fully loaded.
  • There are 2 USB controller groups, and all the ports are in the same group - very disappointed here.
  • It will not passthrough my Xbox 360 controller, it gives a "submiturb failed error -1 errno=28" constantly.
  • GPU passthrough works without "PCIe ACS Override" just fine!

The USB controller groups really got me though, i expected more :(

Anyone else have this board?

You need to set the lower threshold for the fans lower. When it goes below the threshold the fans starts to run at full speed to compensate for the failed fan.

There is a guide for it in the Xeon 2670 deal thread, on the second last page I think.

StevenD was quicker  :)

I will work out the fan issue tonight.

Looks like i found that Bus 1 had one of the headers (didn't realise there are 3) but it means the ATEN KVM device gets lost there too, don't know if there is any negative effect. However, this causes extreme audio stuttering even with the MSI fix, so i had to revert. Looks like there is no way to pass through the USB bus of this board.

GPU performance is improved over my previous PCI-E 2.0 8x slot with this board, achieving about 90-95% of non VM.