[SOLVED]What will unraid do?

i am having 2 unraid servers

tvunraid

Movieunraid

tvunraid has a failing cache drive

and movieraid has a 640gb drive (smallest one i have) that i want to use for cache drive in tvunraid

since i was low on place on both servers did i buy 2 x 2tb drives and did following

i had a slot free in movieunraid and first precleared both disks one at a time

then i stopped the array on tvunraid and pulled a 1TB drive

in that slot i put a new 2TB drive and that is rebuilding (nearly finished)

now the empty slot on movieunraid i kept one of the new 2tb drives and added it to the array

i moved some stuff around and also moved the contents from the 640gb drive to this new drive with MC

so now next step would be (when the rebuild is confirmed OK on the tvrunraid)  to stop the array on movieunraid

pull the 640GB

and put the 1tb from tvunraid in its place

now the question is what will unraid do....

basically i will assign the 1tb drive with old data from tvunraid to the old place of the 640gb

i think it should rebuild the data from the old 640gb drive on the "old" 1 tb drive ?

my gut says this is 100% sure ....

but i want to confirm this ... as i don't want to have to cleanup tv stuff in my movieunraid

oh yeah running 5.12a if somebody wants to know....

If the 640 GB drive is the current cache drive in movieraid, it will NOT be re-constructed when replaced with a 1TBThe cache drive has no protection from parity and the other data disks. It will NEVER be reconstructed.

If the 640GB drive is currently a data disk assigned to the protected array, it will be re-constructed onto the 1TB drive when replaced with the 1TB drive.

Since you only mentioned one 640GB drive, and it was mentioned as the cache drive, I'll assume it will NOT be re-constructed, but instead you would see the old contents of the 1TB drive. 

Joe L.

ooops

Sorry Joe

it is a current data drive on the movieunraid

so it will be reconstructed as i thought it would

cache drive on the movieunraid is a 750gb and his smart status is OK

data from the cache drive which is failing is backed up twice.... one time winscp to my windows computer and one time with crashplan

so before i replace the cache drive on tvunraid i will first disable all plugins....

power down

replace the drive

power up

move data back (only a good 40gb of data there)

and enable plugins...

or is there something i miss there ?