NFS "stale file handle"

Specific to RC13...

Has it been determined that the issue of clients (namely OpenELEC/XBMC) not being able to access NFS shares is related to "stale file handles"?  if not can a separate issue be added to the list for that?  I can provide any logs/testing required as I can reproduce the issue at will.

All previous RCs/betas do not have this issue.

John

There was an OpenELEC bug connecting to certain versions of NFS that I think was fixed in the latest release (within the last few days I believe). I posted links in another thread.

You sir are absolutely correct!!!  :)

I just updated OpenELEC from v3.03 to v3.05 and also updated unRAID from RC12a to RC13.  NFS shares are working as expected.

W00t!!!

I'll also post this in the RC13 thread.

Thank you so much for the heads-up.

John

Just a quick post to confirm that my reproducible stale file handle error, resulting from running mkvmerge against user shares, does, indeed, appear to be resolved in rc14.

Can I get a "Hallelujah!"?

As long as another kernel is not introduced!  :P

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this back from page two, but I encountered a stale file handle issue on my tv share when i forced sickbeard to do a full re-scan.

Here's what I had in fstab on my ubuntu 13.04 box

10.81.0.13:/mnt/user/TV\040Shows      /mnt/unraid/tv      nfs    rw,nosuid,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=300,nfsvers=3    0  0

I added "lookupcache=none,noac" to the options and it seemed to fix it, but the performance went to shit (20MB/s write down from 80MB/s).

Sorry to bump this back from page two, but I encountered a stale file handle issue on my tv share when i forced sickbeard to do a full re-scan.

Here's what I had in fstab on my ubuntu 13.04 box

10.81.0.13:/mnt/user/TV\040Shows      /mnt/unraid/tv      nfs    rw,nosuid,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=300,nfsvers=3    0  0

I added "lookupcache=none,noac" to the options and it seemed to fix it, but the performance went to shit (20MB/s write down from 80MB/s).

What do you have 'fuse_remember' set to?

if that's an unraid tune-able, then I haven't changed it from the default.  If you need more info please let me know and I can work with you on it.  I'm determined to migrate sab/sick/couch/etc off unraid into a dedicated linux system and really want NFS to work for me.