5rc16c and subsonic

ok, got a earlier minor issue fixed by upgrading from 16b to 16c. the server was running just fine with 16c, but suddenly subsonic (jangjong4.7) would be not anymore available under rc16c. it was running without probs on 16b. when checking it did not cvreate any directories on the cache disk. reverted back to 15a, all back to normal. tried also 16b again shortly, no prob with subsonic again.

so i assume, whatever other changes were made between 16b and 16c are affecting (at least) subsonic to the non-operational point. sf seems to be fine. thats the only apps/ extensions i run on this server, others might be affected as well.

any feedback of others experiencing the same prob would be nice + tom would get an idea what went against the wall (if it is not only my server) with this rc.

greetz, L

to detail it a little more, it seemed like no data was written to the subsonic directory on the cache drive. but during startup the server claimed subsonic as successfully started. even under 16b some weird behavior was noted. like showing new versions in the header bar, which is switched off does not appear under 15a.

over the weekend i am happy and willing to install each version again (15a, 16b & 16c) for log files, if that helps. tonite i have to run out in a couple minutes and have no time for that.

so let me know. is the least i can do to help.

greetz. L

Ask if others are having issues in the subsonic thread. In any case, unRAID will not be updated to fix subsonic. The subsonic plug-in author will need to update subsonic to work with the new version of unRAID.

i don't expect unraid to be updated/ changed based on the subsonic issue m8! i was just wondering if it is just me affected. since it looks like an issue writing data to the cache drive (at least for subsonic), maybe others experience the same prob with different apps and so on.

for that the subsonic thread would be the wrong place, wouldnt it!? harder to find ppl that may experience similar issues with other apps/ ext.

you need to come from your hostile negative trip mate  :).

i offered to install all the stuff again, to get data on the issue. i am aware (even if i am sure not the only subsonic user) that unraid will not be modified to my personal liking!

i am not posting here to complain senselessly, but to address a potential issue.

maybe others with subsonic plug-in and rc16c have no prob at all (would be good to know - i would have to do even more research whats wrong on my server), maybe others with diff. plug-ins have the same problem (tells it is loaded and installed, but no writing to cache drive at all...), many options....

you could have just said have plug-in x, y, z installed - running rc16c - no problem. that would be helpful mate. or tell meto  send log whatever, file whatever (i am not a unraid or slackware wizzard) to get a better idea...

anyway, no bad feelings. i am sure you look at your share of bs complaints and so on.... and it kinda s*cks.

i will get later on into the (this days not very active - yes i actually checked this time before i posted  ;) ) subsonic specific threads and see what might be new. but my request was not just subsonic specific, more general question if ppl see probs with plug-ins and 16c.

so i hope youre not offended, all is good from my end...

respect, L