Weird spinup behavior / when a Win laptop comes out of sleep

tr0910

In the morning, the server is quiet, all drives are spun down.

I crack open the lid of one of my Win7 laptops, and bring it out of sleep.  This causes drives 1-5 to spin up on unRaid.  I can understand drive 2 as it is mapped, and there is an open explorer window pointing to it.  However drives 6-7 also have a mapped drive, and they don't spin up.  Why does drives 1, 3,4,5 spin up with no reason?  All other drives on the server also stay spun down as they should.  I don't understand the behavior of drives 1, 3,4,5.  Cache dirs is loaded, unmenu, apc, screen and a few other things.  Maybe its time clean up the flash drive and make sure nothing else is being loaded that isn't needed??

Syslog shows nothing happening at this time

And one hour later, all the drives are back spun down, even though this laptop is still up with one explorer window open to drive 2 and another one open to drive 5. 

Has anyone else seen this kind of unexplained spinup behavior??

Open up a file on drive 2 from the laptop in question and see what happens to the other drives.  Then try the same thing with drive 5.  (Be sure that all the drives are spun down before doing the second test.) 

Archived