ASUS C60M1-I Wake on Lan

tucansam

Set the BIOS for PXE wake on lan support, but when I put the system to sleep from the unraid gui, the NIC doesn't stay lit (its a crappy realtek).  I have only tried to wake it up using a Windows utility, but its not working.  I have some more experimenting to do.  ASUS has a post on their forum that advises setting the boot sequence to ethernet first, in order for WOL to work.  Strange, but I'll try it in the morning.

Am I correct in assuming that the NIC activity and link lights should stay lit while the system is asleep, in order for WOL to work?

Is anyone using this motherboard specifically and getting WOL to work?

Thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that the NIC activity and link lights should stay lit while the system is asleep, in order for WOL to work?

Link light should stay lit, otherwise there is no connection to receive the magic packet. Similar issue described in my thread, though different board and different chip-set. If you can't resolve this via the BIOS, you may be able to do it with s2ram, though that will take some time and effort.

I've no experience to answer your other questions.

Can't tell you about unraid because I haven't built my server yet...but with my ASRock motherboard and Windows, It was set to wake on lan...I put it to sleep and clicked my plex up on my android phone and it wakes right up. IDK if it works from being completely turned off though, never tried it...will do it today. lol

Archived