UnRAID thinks I have a floppy drive in my VM config

I loaded unMENU 1.6 last weekend. It looks very nice.  I'm running unRAID 5.05 as a virtual machine on ESXi 5.5, which was a fresh installation about a month ago.  One thing I noticed is that if I enter the disk management tab, something is kicking an error into the syslog suggesting I have a floppy drive (fd0:).  I -did- have a floppy in the default VM configuration.  I hate seeing error messages, so I shutdown unRAID, went into my VMware VM setting and removed the floppy from the configuration and restarted the VM.

I'm still getting the error message in syslog when I enter the disk_management menu.

Mar 14 18:26:07 Tower kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Any ideas?  I'm sure it isn't hurting anything, but I'd rather eliminate any potential problems down the road.

Thanks,

John

I loaded unMENU 1.6 last weekend. It looks very nice.  I'm running unRAID 5.05 as a virtual machine on ESXi 5.5, which was a fresh installation about a month ago.  One thing I noticed is that if I enter the disk management tab, something is kicking an error into the syslog suggesting I have a floppy drive (fd0:).  I -did- have a floppy in the default VM configuration.  I hate seeing error messages, so I shutdown unRAID, went into my VMware VM setting and removed the floppy from the configuration and restarted the VM.

I'm still getting the error message in syslog when I enter the disk_management menu.

Mar 14 18:26:07 Tower kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Any ideas?  I'm sure it isn't hurting anything, but I'd rather eliminate any potential problems down the road.

Thanks,

John

The is NOT an unRAID/ unMENU issue, but a line in your syslog that exists because of your virtualization config. 

Fix your VM setting and it will go away.

Please change the title of this thread so it get the proper attention from those who might be able to help.

Joe L.

The is NOT an unRAID/ unMENU issue, but a line in your syslog that exists because of your virtualization config. 

Fix your VM setting and it will go away.

I've removed the floppy from the VM settings (which, I think, would be the same as disabling it in the BIOS of a physical machine).  When the unRAID system reboots, it still acts as if there is a floppy device.  I'd repost this in the unRAID as a Guest section, but it won't let me delete/move the message as far as I can tell.  What I'm wondering is if something got written back to /boot after the first boot, when I -did- have a floppy device in the configuration, and even though I have since deleted the floppy, the initial config still has that data some how.  I'd delete the /dev/fd0 device, but I as understand it, that is not persistent across reboots, so I have not tried that.

Thanks,

John