[SOLVED] mover not working!

Here is my syslog.

I'm noticing a couple of other errors in the syslog including

Mar 28 03:21:43 Tower kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged

and mover is not running. when I manually invoke the mover, it looks like it just hangs and nothing happens.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

syslog.zip

dgaschk

thanks for the link and the quick response. so does this mean that i should not be using AFP? all of my peripherals devices connected to unraid (laptop, desktop) are all macs and i am wondering whether this will continue to cause problems.

busy doing my taxes these few days. i will finish that, test out your suggestion and get back. thanks again for your help.

OK, so i've done pretty much everything suggested here...

1. upgraded the ipmi firmware and bios

2. downloaded rmattrs script and corrected ALL of the top-level subfolders within each disk (disk1, disk2 etc) until getattr -d gives me no further errors.

3. stopped afp on unraid (now my server only uses smb and nfs)

3. I started the mover and the mover appears to start now, but immediately hangs as it starts moving stuff. nothing happens afterwards. files remain on the cache drive and are not moved. once, i tried giving 'killall rsync' to see if i could terminate the script but it caused mover logger to just start going through the remaining files on the cache drive (without actually moving anything).

I've attached a full syslog.zip here. the zip contains two files. syslog_before, is my unraid syslog after a fresh boot upto mounting the shares, but WITHOUT invoking mover. syslog_after is the same as syslog_before, but mover script has been invoked from the web gui.

nothing happens on the mover, but the web gui shows as 'mover running'.

can someone please help me?

syslogs.zip

yes, i understand that. but the when the mover script encounters a file/folder that begins with a "." it should just proceed to the next, correct?

then i would expect my mover to skip past all those junk files created by my mac, and only move the movies (whose folders do not have the '.").

but this still doesn't explain why my mover hangs?

@dgaschk:

brilliant!! didn't realize the solution was that simple. re-started in safe-mode. all seemed to be well, and then i restarted the server again, and the mover was running again. thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

p.s. is there a script to delete all these '.' folders recursively. i found a command online that i can deliver from the terminal to prevent it being created, but it doesn't get rid of the ones that are already there. thank you!

Yeah.

I finally just went into MC and deleted the .dot files manually.

That was easiest.  To get there from the Finder is a real pain...and there's permission issues, etc.

If you've done the OS X command line that stops most of the new ones you should be fine from now on.

If you want to use Midnight Commander, it can be started up in a Terminal session.

login to unRAID as root and type MC

Here's some cheat sheets on MC:

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/10/midnight-commander-mc-guide-powerful-text-based-file-manager-for-unix/

http://linuxgazette.net/23/wkndmech_dec97/mc_article.html

http://www.trembath.co.za/mctutorial.html

Archived