Unraid Freezing after trying to install crashplan plugin

tnorman

I posted this in General Support but was told to post this in User Customizations instead.

I'm running unRaid 5.0.5, and this weekend I was trying to install the Crashplan plugin. I currently have unMenu and Simplemenu plugins installed. Those 2 plugins have been running fine. I thought I followed the instructions for installing the Crashplan plugin. I placed both of the plugin files into the plugin folder and then rebooted. After rebooting, the system would finish loading and then the system would hang as soon as I tried to get into it by browsing to tower/ or tower:8080 or by trying to enter through telnet. So I removed the 2 Crashplan plugin files from the plugins folder which I had just added.

Now, every time I go into tower/ the system freezes but the system doesn't freeze if I go to tower:8080 (unmenu plugin) or telnet in to the box. Though it can freeze if I browse to some of the unmenu pages. Or at least I assume it is freezing, because I can't get into the system in any way shape or form after I go to tower/ or go to one of the tower:8080 pages that causes it to freeze. Even access to the system by keyboard doesn't work, so I assume it is freezing. And there is no way to access the files on it from another computer after it freezes either.

All these freezes can't be good for the system. The system finished a parity check caused by having to reboot because of the freezing. It was running fine apart from not being able to go into tower/ or some of the tower:8080 pages (like array management). But I need to get it back to working order. I saved a copy of the flash drive before adding any plugins, but now I can't find that zip file. I'm going to keep looking. I probably just moved it to a different folder than normal.

Any ideas how to get out of this issue?

My first thought is to copy over the config files from the flash drive to a safe place, clear out the flash drive with a new install, and load the config files back onto the flash drive. Good solution or bad way to go?

Thoughts? Thank you in advance for the help. Next time I'll make a copy of the flash drive before I start adding any plugins.

You said Simplemenu but if you really mean Simplefeatures, it is not compatible with unRAID 5.0.5. You might try Dynamix instead. It is the new Simplefeatures.

Going back to a fresh install like you said will work, but when you copy the config folder back don't copy the config/plugins folder or the go file.

Archived