[SOLVED] HELP! Can't transfer files after successful array expansion

I just picked up a new Seagate ST4000DM000, precleared it successfully, and expanded my array successfully (replacing an older ST2000DL003-9VT166). I have green balls throughout the webGui. This is disk6 (sdh). Together with disk4 (sdf), a Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168, they comprise a single user share called "Movies" (I use the "Included disk(s): disk4,disk6" setting).

Everything used to work fine; moving files from my Windows 7 Home Premium sp1 (64-bit) computer to the Movies share of unRaid v5.0.4, via my home network, using Windows Explorer windows.

Now, I'm receiving a Windows error saying: There is already a file with the same name as the folder you specified. Specify a different name. Try Again/Cancel.

There isn't any other file with the same name. New movies I just rip. Old text files from my desktop. Cut & Paste. Dragging. Nothing works. I can't transfer any files to either the user share or the disk4 or disk6 (both set to Export/Hidden).

I can play movies from the user share or either disk4, or disk6; on either my Windows 7 desktop or another Windows 7/XBMC computer.

I can even transfer files to other user share and/or disks without problems (ie. Misc. Video). But if I the try to transfer them to the Movies share I receiver this error:

There is a problem accessing \\Leone4\Misc Video. Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

I've included my syslog.txt; and the last line even shows successfully establishing my  services/smb.service when I open a window from Window 7. The rest of the system is listed in the signature.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong?

By the way, the report shows disk8 mount error: 32. I had finished preclearing that old ST2000DL003-9VT166 and unRaid formatted it while I was typing this post. That shows up a bit latter in the log.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

syslog.txt

Stranger and Stranger.

I just tried changing the disk4 and disk6 settings from Export: Yes(hidden) to just Export: Yes.

Now I can transfer files to Leone4\disk4\Movies but not the Movies share in general, and opening Leone4\disk6 shows just a "Movies" file of 38kb with a date of 4/30/2014 11:08 AM.

That would just about the time I started expanding the array. At the time, everything seemed to go well, and unRaid  had an orange ball and for disk6 and reported that "Data-Rebuild in Progress". Somewhere around 10:45 PM 4/30/2014 it finished.

Could disk6 show as working correctly, but I'm really running off the Parity Drive? How can I tell? I attached the preclear report from disk6 in case someone sees something I don't.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

preclear_finish_6YD0RVGW_2014-05-01.txt

Thank you.

I'd been looking at the Official Manual rather than your referenced UN-Official Manual. It helped a great deal.

I've changed the split-levels, and some of my file structure; and everything is working fine.

I'll change the Post to SOLVED and remove the dropbox link.

Thank You Again.

Michael

Archived