[Solved] Unable to load WebGUI

I'm in need of some help and I'm hoping someone can assist.

I brought down my array earlier to update some of my plugins to newer versions. Was able to shutdown and reboot with no issue. System came back up and some of the plugins loaded, but since I had to be somewhere I did not have time to troubleshoot the ones that didn't. Came home and started to try and get things situated, then noticed that two of the plugins that I was trying to update were updated again while I was out. Downloaded the updated plugins and copied them over to my flash drive and then shutdown my array and rebooted. Now, even though it looks like everything loads (I can get to root and access the file structure on my flash drive, and can even \\Tower\ in Windows and see the flash drive too), the WebGUI will not load. Each time I try to load the page it just times out so I can't get on to start the array. I removed all the plugins from my plugin directory and still nothing.

The only other thing that I was going to mess with was starting to pre-clear a couple of "new" drives, from another system that was not needed any longer, so I had them hooked up. They looked to be detected by the system, but I didn't get a round to mess with pre-clearing  because the system started acting up. After one of the reboots to try and get things running again I even disconnected the new drives and still nothing. Any ideas on what happened and how to get things running again. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks.

It looks like unRAID doesn't finish loading.  The log just stops before it even gets to your plugins.

I'd do 2 things:

1. stop unRAID as best you can...put the flash in your PC and run chkdsk ('disk utility' on a Mac).

2. #1 might fix the problem, but I'd also go ahead and copy onto the flash clean copies of bzimage and bzroot from the download of 5.0.5.

http://lime-technology.com/download/

You may want to make a list of the plugins you have installed...if the above doesn't work, a clean install (save your key!) may be the next step.

It probably did not show any plugins loading in the syslog because I deleted them just in case that was what was causing the problem. Originally it didn't help as the system still would not load the WebGUI. I did, however run a chkdsk on the flash drive earlier and no errors occurred. I just got home from being out most of the day and booted up my system and it decided to start working again... and of course started a parity check. Not sure what happened, I'll assume it was a glitch that decided to start behaving, or the chkdsk did something (even though nothing was noted as being wrong with the drive) that resolved it. I may go ahead and copy a fresh 5.0.5 version of bizroot and image on to the disk as you suggested but for now I'm content since things seem to be working and now I have to wait about 10 hours for the parity check to finish :). Thanks for the suggestions, it was much appreciated.

Archived