Help needed - Red dot

Hi Guys,

I got myself an SSD drive yesterday and once installed, I decided to add 3 more drives in the array. When the drives started formatting after I run 3 rounds of preclear on each, I started closing the case by screwing the screws in the end. Stupid move, as my elbow pressed the power button. Once restarted I got a red dot next to drive 3. I unmounted it and remounted and let the drive rebuilt. As it seems I was not a good move either since I got yet another time the red dot next to the drive.

Now I will have to remove the drive, but given that I just installed the new drives, I have none left. Hence I would need to move one of the new drives (they are totally empty), into the place of the 3rd drive. Could someone guide me on how to do it, since I believe, if I just unassign the drive, this means that 2 drives will be missing?

Attached syslog and printscreen. I am using version 5.0.5

Thanks in advance for all the help!

syslog.txt

I am following the shrink array instructions.

Just to confirm: When I reassign all the drives, I reassign them exactly as they were before?

Meaning that my disk 3 will be removed and not used when I assign all the drives?

In this case Parity will be parity, disk 1 will be assigned to disk one, disk 4 to disk 4 and disk 7 to disk 7? With disk 3 being blank.

Thanks!

Basically, 'yes'. But the data disk order doesn't matter, so don't get concerned if data #1 becomes #5, etc.

Reassign PARITY to PARITY...and Cache to Cache...the data disk order doesn't matter and can change every time you reboot unRAID. The fact that its a data drive is determined from its unique drive serial number.