Moving files from Disk 1 to new User share that is all drives.

My apologizes if I am missing other posts.  I have found multiple posts on using MC to move the files within the unRaid array.  I followed some instructions in a few postss but I was getting errors using the MC via the command line.

Is it possible to move data from Disk 1 to my user share that is all disks in the array?  If so does anyone have a link or willing to take a second to show me the best way of doing this.

It would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

My apologizes if I am missing other posts.  I have found multiple posts on using MC to move the files within the unRaid array.  I followed some instructions in a few postss but I was getting errors using the MC via the command line.

Is it possible to move data from Disk 1 to my user share that is all disks in the array?  If so does anyone have a link or willing to take a second to show me the best way of doing this.

-Matt

You have to be extremely careful about mixing disk shares and user shares in a copy.  It will only work if they are going to different folders.    If you try and use the same folder on a disk share and a user share you will destroy the files you are trying to copy.

-Matt

You have to be extremely careful about mixing disk shares and user shares in a copy.  It will only work if they are going to different folders.    If you try and use the same folder on a disk share and a user share you will destroy the files you are trying to copy.

This... x1000!!!

I would recommend that you either use your cache drive to do the moving, or rename the original folder(s) to something that doesnt already exist as a User Share, then start the copies.