Internal motherboard mounted USB + unRAID updates

I'm getting close to purchasing a full license but I'm curious about how we update unRAID to either newer betas or latest version if say the usb is via a motherboard header (such as supermicro motherboards) and the entire unit is in a place that is hard to access.  Does unRAID have a command line update, similar to apt-get upgrade or similar?  If not, can you replace the contents of the flash drive with a later version after making it shared from a separate machine?  As a last resort, if none of the above works, can you boot a Linux image of IPMI and then upgrade via a 'Live CD' Linux boot?

Most software I've known has inline upgrades available, but I'm not so clued up on unRAID!

Thanks

Chris

I'm getting close to purchasing a full license but I'm curious about how we update unRAID to either newer betas or latest version if say the usb is via a motherboard header (such as supermicro motherboards) and the entire unit is in a place that is hard to access.  Does unRAID have a command line update, similar to apt-get upgrade or similar?  If not, can you replace the contents of the flash drive with a later version after making it shared from a separate machine?  As a last resort, if none of the above works, can you boot a Linux image of IPMI and then upgrade via a 'Live CD' Linux boot?

Most software I've known has inline upgrades available, but I'm not so clued up on unRAID!

Normally one can simply copy updated files across the network to the 'flash' share (which is what the USB stick is shared as).  If you look at the README file included with the release you are using it will give you instructions on how one upgrades from an earlier release so you can see what the typcal process is.

The only time you MUST have physical access to the USB stick is if for some reason the boot loader on the USB stick needs updating/rewriting.  However the need to do so is very rare.