Disks and Drives

I'm changing the disk in drive 20 to drive 22.  How do I get drive 20 to clear out all info from the disk I removed?  I stopped the array, unassigned it, started the array backup.  But the info is still there i.e.. 4tb and what's left on the disk.  How do I get it to be clear?

Below is the error i'm getting.  I need to clear the "not installed" on drive 20 so I can add the disk to drive 22.  If you know what I'm saying..

"You may not add new disks when there exists missing, wrong, or disabled disk(s)."

You can't arbitrarily remove a disk ... it will (as you've noticed) then be "missing" and UnRAID will use the other drives + parity to emulate that missing disk.  At that point, until you rebuild the missing disk with a new one, you can't add a new disk to the array.

Not sure why you want to move the drive to a different slot; but one way to do this is just do a "New Config" and assign the drives as you want them.  But be CERTAIN the array is good before you do that, as you'll lose the fault-tolerance until you do a new parity sync.

You can't arbitrarily remove a disk ... it will (as you've noticed) then be "missing" and UnRAID will use the other drives + parity to emulate that missing disk.  At that point, until you rebuild the missing disk with a new one, you can't add a new disk to the array.

Not sure why you want to move the drive to a different slot; but one way to do this is just do a "New Config" and assign the drives as you want them.  But be CERTAIN the array is good before you do that, as you'll lose the fault-tolerance until you do a new parity sync.

Got it.  Thanks that's what I needed..

Archived