How to force parity valid

jphipps

New config forces the system to accept the information on the data drives and write the result to the parity drive.

I want to force the array up with valid parity and let the parity check correct wrong blocks.

Which drive do you think is correct? Parity or the red balled data drive? A red ball means a write failed, so any information written to the data drive after it red balled didn't actually get to the physical drive, it was written to the emulated drive, which is created by the parity disk and all the other data drives.

My server went nuts and caused IO errors on most of the disks as well as the parity drive.  All the IO at the time was an rsync which was still in the process of copying the hidden .file so i am pretty confident in the data.  I think there are a few parity bits that are not correct based off of previous crashes.  I would rather it correct a thousand or so parity in consistencies than have to rebuild all 4TB of parity.  Doesn't really save any time, but the data is more protected incase of another drive failure.  I would rather have a few corrupt files than loose a whole drive if a drive happened to fail before the rebuild..