drive previously showed red-balled, but now shows unformatted

I had posted earlier about my server showing dual red-balled drives...

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35368.0

I've gotten one of them back to green, but while moving data off of disk9, it kept stumbling and saying the file system was read only.  Someone suggested I just copy the files, not move them, which is fine, but now that disk9 shows as unformatted, so I can't see the data any longer.

I've cleared everything off of my disk4, so it has room for all the files from disk9, but I can't operate on disk9 any longer.

Ideally, I'd like to format disk4 to XFS before filling it with data again, but that's a long second place to getting access to disk9 to get the data off that drive.

Also, during this process, my cache drive (btrfs) has changed to unformatted, so I've just removed it from the array for the time being.  I'd love to get that fixed also, but first things first.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

syslog.zip

That might be what I need to do, but since I've moved about 1/2 the files off of it after the redball, I really only changed parity's perception of the drive.  if I run reiserfschk, and it 'restores' the drive, all the stuff I already moved will show up again.

this would be fine, as I can figure out which files are duplicates, but if there is a way to get unRAID to recognize it again, without doing that, I might not have to do the duplicate dance.

Either way, I'm not familiar enough with reiserfschk to know what would be "the correct switches."