Server unaccessible from Windows PC after stopping array.

dikkiedirk

I wonder if all this trouble with not being able to stop the array has something to do with the fact that I move data from a ReiserFS disk to an XFS formatted disk in Midnight Commander running in a IPMI console.

Reason for this is that yesterday I could stop the array without any trouble after a parity check had finished and today after such a "moving to XFS disk session" I could not. In this last session I moved data from disk14 to disk 10 and the syslog shows that disk 14 cant be unmounted. MC and IPMI console are closed though.

I wonder if all this trouble with not being able to stop the array has something to do with the fact that I move data from a ReiserFS disk to an XFS formatted disk in Midnight Commander running in a IPMI console.

You did completely exit MC and logout of the IPMI console before stopping the array - Correct?

You did completely exit MC and logout of the IPMI console before stopping the array - Correct?

Yes sir.

But shouldn't exiting MC alone be sufficient?

Yes sir.

But shouldn't exiting MC alone be sufficient?

MC changes the current location so that when you exit you are likely to be on an Array disk when you exit.  You can see this from the prompt that is displayed.  Just CD to '/' and you should be able to stop the array also.  I find it easier to just logout of the console and achieve the same thing since I am usually stopping the array to shutdown and change hardware anyway.

Archived