Copying files has stopped working

eas4uk

Currently filling up my second unraid server (HP n54l)

So far I have 4 x 3tb drives and it is showing as 152gb free of 8.18tb available - however when trying to copy a 27gb movie over - it fails every single time without fail

It was fine transferring the other 7tb over

Any ideas as to why?

I have tried high water, most-free & fill up, I dont have split levels and I have 0 as min allocated space - I have tried this at 1gb and 10gb and nothing is making the slightest but of difference.  Ive rebooted the PC and the server and tried teracopy.  Same result.  Very frustrating and any help or pointers will be gratefully received.

I should add my first unraid server always tends to do this as well but thats when there is only 40gb free not over 150gb!

You need to setup the min space to greater than 27GB, if you are copying Blu-rays then make it about 50GB if using ISO's or 40GB for MKV's.

I have High Water and split level of 1 for Movies and TV Shows. My layout is like this: Movies/Terminator/Terminator - Blu-ray.mkv

and for TV Shows: Prison Break/Season 1/Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot - Blu-ray.mkv

Thanks megalodon - Have tried that and it successfully copied a 6.85gb mkv but refuses to copy the 27gb mkv

I have set minimum allocated space to 40000000 as suggested.  I have set the split level as 1 as I just have movies folder and that's it.

Any other ideas? 

No sorry I don't. I don't understand though how you get 152gb free of 8.18TB when you are using 3 x 3TB data drives (9TB). 152gb is less than 2% drive space left which is not recommended in unRAID. I have read that unRAID recommends leaving 5% min free space to avoid issues in accessing disks and file corruption.

Archived