Help mounting drives, please.

bobrap

If I have a drive that is ext3with data on it, can I mount it outside of the array so I can transfer the data.  The drives were created with ClarkConnect.  How do I mount and copy the data?  Thanks.

Edit:  I'd also like to know how to force the system to use eth1 instead of eth0.  Ta.

For the mounting of the other drives I would look into installing unMenu on the machine and getting it up and running.  It should allow you to mount a drive outside of the array and copy the data over to the protected unRAID drives.

For the Ethernet thing the easiest thing you can do is to disable one of the nics in the BIOS.  I have 2 NIC's on my Abit AB9 Pro and to get it to use the one I wanted I just disabled one in BIOS.

Tried both ideas and no joy.  In unmenu, I can see the drive listed, but no box to share or mount/unmount.

Hum, I know NTFS drives can be mounted using unmenu so I assumed that ext3 ones could.  I am not near my machine right now but I could have sworn that mount the drive would have been possible with unmenu.

As for the Ethernet thing.  If I remember correctly unRAID only recognizes one NIC and will only use eth0, there is no way to force it to use eth1 in unRAID.  The only way I know to get it to use the NIC that you want is to disable one in the BIOS and that will force the other NIC to load first and be eth0.

In unmenu, I can see the drive listed, but no box to share or mount/unmount.

I suspect you may not have made it to the Disk Management plugin.  I checked and the unmenu.conf file (in your unmenu folder on the flash drive) includes mount options for a number of file systems, including ext2, but not ext3.  I assume that either the ext2 one will work or you can edit the .conf and add a similar line for ext3.

In unmenu, I can see the drive listed, but no box to share or mount/unmount.

I suspect you may not have made it to the Disk Management plugin.  I checked and the unmenu.conf file (in your unmenu folder on the flash drive) includes mount options for a number of file systems, including ext2, but not ext3.  I assume that either the ext2 one will work or you can edit the .conf and add a similar line for ext3.

If you mean in unmenu, I see that.  As I said, the drive is listed but no option to mount.  ???