Permission issues trying to move files from one unraid to another unraid

flimflamman

low knowledge UNRAID user here.

I have two completely different unRAID units. each are set up fairly similarly. Both are running 6.0 beta10a. I have SMB shares on each unit. I'm running into permission errors on only one of the units. any time I try to copy an item into any of the shares on the one unit I get denied due to lack of permission. on the unit causing issues, there's only root set up as a user, no other users. I just ran the script for new permissions on each of my units but still having no luck. I can't copy anything to the one unit. I also notice that I'm not able to delete anything on the unit. I'm not sure where to go from here to figure this issue out. how can I see permissions on a share/file/folder? is there any way to change permissions other than what I've tried?Any ideas?

this might be odd but I look on the flash drive for the unit that is having issues but there's no logs folder...

On the unit that is working ok there's a logs folder with syslogs noted.

There is no logs stored there as standard.    They only get stored there if you have the relevant add-on installed.

I'm attaching a syslog that I obtained by going into the web manager and copying the text in the syslog there.

the syslig shows that there is file system corruption on disk9 and it is therefore mounted in read-only mode.

The standard way to fix this is to stop the array; restart it in maintenance mode; and then use the reiserfsck utility by running from a telnet/console session a command of the form:

reiserfsck --check /dev/md9

This will check for corruption, and assuming some is found give the recommended repair action.

Archived