New UNRaid6 device, no drives in array drop downs

Uirel

New UNRaid user, so go easy ;)

Got unraid finally running on my 2009 Mac Mini (has to use rEFInd to get it to boot).

Its happily detected the internal harddrive of the mac and i've set it as cache. However its not putting the 2 external drives into the array window.

Its detecting them under devices...

[0:0:0:0]    disk    SanDisk  Cruzer Blade     1.26  /dev/sda 
[b][1:0:0:0]    disk    WD       Elements 1023    2005  /dev/sdb 
[2:0:0:0]    disk    WD       My Passport 0730 1012  /dev/sdd [/b]
[2:0:0:1]    enclosu WD       SES Device       1012  -        
[3:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      Hitachi HTS54321 C52F  /dev/sdc 
[4:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  OPTIARC  DVD RW AD-5670S  2AHI  /dev/sr0 

I can mount them and view the empty filesystem, i've formated them a couple of time to see if that was the problem. But no dice.

Lots of guides talk about preclear scripts in the /boot folder, but i dont have one there, i'm not sure if this is related.

Any help greatly appreciated :) 

Sadly they are USB 3 devices. Previously I had Ubuntu setup with a raid array of 5 of them.

A friend sold me on the pros of unraid and I've spent today making two available as seeds to transfer data in.

Darn, it's odd Ubuntu will take them as part of a raid pool but unraid won't :-(

I've got a bit further now and am using SNAP to auto mount the disk (although its not auto mounting the ones i want atm but thats another problem)

A second question, to save a new thread. I'm finding that ssh remote port forwarding isn't working.

I'm using the same cmdline from my ubuntu box, its making a connection and i can then work on the far end. But when i send sabnzb down the path it reports connection refused.

I'm pretty much at a loss, as most of my usenet traffic is ipv6 i send it via a server out on the net which has ipv6 enabled, saves me arguing with my local isp about it, sadly without this i'm pretty much done in aswell :(

Archived