TP-LINK TG-3269

Dimtar

Hi all.

I have gotten an old box up and running and I have used TP-LINK TG-3269 Gigabit NIC. Currently running version 5.06.

unRaid doesn't see the NIC and after some googling I see why, Realtek drivers don't work and a decision was made by the kernel people or LT to drop support. Thats fine and is not a problem, the issue is that I found references to a special build (rc8 I think?) that has the correct drivers and it was, I believe the last to support it?

The problem being I cannot download it, any old links on announcements posts seem to be broken. Does anyone have a link for the download please?

In general, Realtek network chipsets work fine and are still supported, but there are many variations of them, 2 differently sourced drivers, and they seem less reliable than other network chipsets.  UnRAID has gone back and forth between the Realtek provided drivers and the open-sourced drivers, because neither is fully satisfactory, both have significant pros and cons.  What is included currently seems to be the most satisfactory, but a few older Realtek chipsets have been left behind.  The recommendation is to add a NIC to replace it, with Intel being the most recommended.

While someone may provide you with a link, I don't recommend it.  Older betas and RC's are not supported, we always recommend you upgrade to the latest of that series of releases, both for your own sake (lots of bug fixes), and for the sake of those trying to support you.

Thanks RobJ. What you have said makes sense but this is not for a long term solution.

The old machine is letting me pull data from some hard drives out of a previously running unRaid server. What you say about support and bugs is right but this is just temporary to pull data from so it won't be an issue.

Archived