creating new usb

skank

No idea.  I everytime I tried it here it worked fine.  Tried leading and trailing spaces, upper and lowercase mix.  make bootable always worked.  The only time it failed was when I tried the stick formatted as exFat (and it told me that it had to be FAT), and when it wasn't actually labelled UNRAID.

Try a different stick and check your keyboard mapping.

I got another problem after going with a new usb device

I had to assign the disks back, but the shares are gone

I thought it would automatically add the shares, sinec the folders are on all disks but not.

Now what do i do now?

I'm not sure how it was set

I got another problem after going with a new usb device

I had to assign the disks back, but the shares are gone

I thought it would automatically add the shares, sinec the folders are on all disks but not.

Now what do i do now?

I'm not sure how it was set

Do you have user shares enabled?

euh guess not, right, so it will create them automatically then?

Not sure if a reboot is required or not. I normally see them being "created" in syslogs during boot, but it might do it when you make the change in the webGUI also.

They will be created with default settings if they don't already have a .cfg file in /boot/config/shares.

So if i would be able to copy that .cfg file from /boot/config/shares on my old usb stick? (which ran unraid v 5.0)

Yes. There should be one for each share that you made settings on. Any other top level folder on an array or cache drive will get default settings. I would go into each share setting and check that it is set like you expect.

Archived