Norco still have backplane issues ????

drpete

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at Norco cases and searching around about them. They seem to be used quite a bit but there are nightmare stories of backplane problems . But all those posts seem to be from 2011 and 2012. Cant find anything new about them. Have these issues been resolved or are there still problems.

Are the 4224 and 4216 identical except for drive bays? I see a 4020 and it seems that 4020 vs 4220 is different in that one has a data ii backplane and one has sat iii 6 gas plane.

I love the lime tech server case but the form factor is limiting. Any other suggestions on cases for 16 or so hard drives? It must have the ability to change fans so it doesn't sound like a jet airplane :)

Thanks

I bought a 4224 last month from a guy on ebay. The backplanes I got are the green ones with the single power connector, sata 4 rated 12gbps v2.0.  Haven't had any issues yet but I only have 8 drives installed so far.  Nice case, I love it. I have it sitting on a table in a basement closet so I don't have to hear it.

My 4224 hasn't missed a beat, bought April 2012.  All but one backplane in use.

I got my friend onto the idea late last year, and the 4224 that showed up for him and even better, more securely-fitting backplanes that didn't move a bit, even when loading the hard disks in.  So yeah, I think they have fixed most of their issues... even if they haven't, they've been pretty good on replacement parts by all reports.