Problem after upgrading VMMan plug-in

gtroyp

I didn't read the instructions correctly and lost all of my XML's on upgrade. I am trying to recreate the VM's but I am having network issues.

I created new VM's using the Create VM tab, without selecting a installCD and pointing to the existing disk for the old VM's.

But once they boot up, the VM's are not able to see the network, and they aren't getting access to the 9p share either. (EDIT:this was my fault in setting up the share, I used the wrong name)

I noticed in the XML that the bridge seemed to have defaulted to "docker0" instead of "br0" previously (I could be wrong). So I changed the bridge in my XML and that seemed to fix it. Am I making a bigger problem?

Any help on how to rebuild my old VM's would be most appreciated.

I moved it. So it still exists.  I saw in the main sticky what to do. I'll try that it the am.

It's just a small image that gets mounted to /etc/libvirt so all the xml's are on there.  I would keep a backup of it.  I can't  symlink the libvirt directory to the flash drive because libvirt itself uses symlinks for autostart. So i use a loop back image.

Also I fixed the bridge problem.

It's just a small image that gets mounted to /etc/libvirt so all the xml's are on there.  I would keep a backup of it.  I can't  symlink the libvirt directory to the flash drive because libvirt itself uses symlinks for autostart. So i use a loop back image.

I was able to recover all of the old xml's. Thank you again. Your work is incredibly impressive and I really appreciate your help.

This hiccup gave me a thought though, would there be any value to being able to import/export xml files so that they could be manipulated in a dedicated text editor, saved, shared, etc.? Copy paste works, but.... Just a thought.

I was able to recover all of the old xml's. Thank you again. Your work is incredibly impressive and I really appreciate your help.

This hiccup gave me a thought though, would there be any value to being able to import/export xml files so that they could be manipulated in a dedicated text editor, saved, shared, etc.? Copy paste works, but.... Just a thought.

Your welcome, glad it worked out and you didn't loose your xml's.  When I change the xml's to be stored with the image I can add a something to download them.  But opening them in an external editor and then saving them back to the server would'nt work unless I created the editor.

Archived