[SOLVED] How To Move Data Between User Shares

Hello!  I have UserShareOld and UserShareNew.  I am looking to move data from UserShareOld to UserShareNew.  Since the data is already on the Unraid system, is there any way I can easily change/move the files without needing to recopy them?  So for instance, could I safely move the folders from \\tower\disk1\UserShareOld to \\tower\disk1\UserShareNew?

I attempted to do a Google search, and a search of this forum but could not find a relevant answer.

I am using UnRaid 5.0.6.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!

You can use Midnight Commander for this. From the unraid console you can access it by typing "mc" (no quotes).  The tab key allows you to switch between the left pane and the right pane, you would put the source directory on the left and the destination directory on the right.  To mark/unmark items to be moved use the insert key.  Once you have all the files selected, the Move command is F6.

Thanks for the replies.  I did find an article on using Midnight Commander to move data from one disk to another, but I wasn't sure whether there would be any complications in moving from one User Share to another.  Will UnRaid simply "see" the data in the new User Share once it is moved, and will affect Parity (or any other component) be affected in any adverse way?

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for replying!  I was able to quickly move the folders from \\tower\disk1\UserShareOld to \\tower\disk1\UserShareNew and they immediately appeared in tower\UserShareNew.

I also rebooted (just in case) and everything continued to work.

Thanks to everyone for the quick and helpful replies!

Archived