[SOLVED] SABNZBD Post Processing Script Error

[TL/DR Solution:  The Needo template for SABNZBD does not run BASH postprocessing scripts.  Python scripts work fine.]

Hi Guys - I've tried searching but can't seem to find a resolution to my issue.

I've configured SABNZBD to run a post-processing script, but it kicks out this error when it tries to executive the script:

2015-03-22 10:59:08,325::DEBUG::[newsunpack:157] Failed script /scripts/sab_pp_mount_and_copy.sh, Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 155, in external_processing
    startupinfo=stup, env=env, creationflags=creationflags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I've configured the docker volumes as advised (/mnt/user:/mnt/user rw)

I have configured the right post-processing folder in SAB, and I've selected the script in the category config page too.  I've also checked all linux permissions to make sure ownership, group and execute rights are correct on the script folder and the script itself.  (I've attached pics)

The script itself works fine (I can run it manually from the command line) but SAB can't seem to run it when it comes time to process?

What am I missing?

pp_script_folder_setting.PNG.828b5c6d4b84ba34d2a43db224f96a59.PNG

category_config.PNG.790d74f12bfb2fbcb61c3d5bf7dc07dd.PNG

script_folder_permissions.PNG.16cd907875b2bcdcfd0c403c87497ed1.PNG

script_permissions.PNG.93cf8ae99937e88059f0cb53629d3bb4.PNG

so your scripts folder is mounted as /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/scripts  while you are telling sab it is in /mnt/user/appdata/....etc  I'm still fairly new as well but it looks like your paths are probably different.

Bingo.  Seconded that this is where the problem lies.  Nice catch.

You're also creating extra volumes. In theory, once you map /mnt:/mnt you don't need any of the other volumes because the rest can ALL be accessed under /mnt. Still, the /config volume is setup to store the config data so it's needed.

You don't need the /scripts volume because you can just use the /config volume to get to /config/scripts inside the Docker.

You don't need /downloads because you can just use the /mnt volume to get to /mnt/user/Movies/TV_Series_Downloads inside the Docker.

You don't need the /mnt/user volume because you can just use the /mnt volume to get to the /mnt/user inside the Docker.

I personally don't like creating a wide-open volume like /mnt:/mnt. Use a volume to drill-down to each directory you want to access.

You're also creating extra volumes. In theory, once you map /mnt:/mnt you don't need any of the other volumes because the rest can ALL be accessed under /mnt. Still, the /config volume is setup to store the config data so it's needed.

You don't need the /scripts volume because you can just use the /config volume to get to /config/scripts inside the Docker.

You don't need /downloads because you can just use the /mnt volume to get to /mnt/user/Movies/TV_Series_Downloads inside the Docker.

You don't need the /mnt/user volume because you can just use the /mnt volume to get to the /mnt/user inside the Docker.

I personally don't like creating a wide-open volume like /mnt:/mnt. Use a volume to drill-down to each directory you want to access.

The hardest part I had with the transition from plugins to Docker containers on unRAID was keeping track of the different paths.    In the end I just started creating mountpoints that are the same between the two (i.e., /mnt/cache/ goes to /mnt/cache, /mnt/user/TV goes to /mnt/user/TV) to stay consistent.  Still forced to use /config, but for everything else--especially something like sab that has a whole lot of potential customizable locations--I go with the full unRAID path.

Thanks for trying, guys but no dice.    I know I've got some extra volumes, I'll deal with that later.

I've attached my docker volume list and the SABNZB postprocessing folder config:

I still get this error:

2015-03-23 18:30:25,472::DEBUG::[newsunpack:157] Failed script /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/scripts/sab_pp_mount_and_copy.sh, T
raceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/newsunpack.py", line 155, in external_processing
    startupinfo=stup, env=env, creationflags=creationflags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

pp_script_folder_setting.PNG.26e2579124eeeb46f91a03dbd471aef7.PNG

unRaid_Docker_volumes.PNG.d534a5bfa2833f781e225c1cc9fc28c6.PNG

Well, i tried that too with no change in error.

But, I tried writing a rudimentary Python post-processing script, and it worked.  So it just doesn't like BASH post-processing scripts.

I'm using the Needo template for SABNZBD. 

...time to learn python I guess!  I grew up on BASH tho!  darn!

• 6 months later...