boot drive mounting issues

newskin

I've been having a bit of an issue with my build all night (6.14b). Started when I was trying to add a drive. Turned out my usb had errors so I fixed these, then battled with a whole load of weird issues which it turns out are caused by the same thing.

I'm finding that every time there is a write to the UNRAID usb, it disconnects and reconnects under a different drive letter (increments up one). The os cannot track this by label either, so I manually mount it, cause something to write to it and presto - it drops. If I touch a file onto /boot, it stays ok.

I was wondering if this means I have a rubbish usb stick or if anyone has ever come across this before?

I've been having a bit of an issue with my build all night (6.14b). Started when I was trying to add a drive. Turned out my usb had errors so I fixed these, then battled with a whole load of weird issues which it turns out are caused by the same thing.

I'm finding that every time there is a write to the UNRAID usb, it disconnects and reconnects under a different drive letter (increments up one). The os cannot track this by label either, so I manually mount it, cause something to write to it and presto - it drops. If I touch a file onto /boot, it stays ok.

I was wondering if this means I have a rubbish usb stick or if anyone has ever come across this before?

Could be the stick, or it also could be the port.  You can try a different port (ideally USB2)

Archived