Data drive unmountable after power loss

kubed_zero

Hi all,

After a power outage while going through the task of upgrading the parity drive (2TB->3TB) I have encountered an issue. During a fresh parity computation, one of my data drives encountered numerous errors (3.1 million, if I recall). I tried rebooting the machine and it says the drive is unmountable. Since this is my data drive and I'm assuming the parity computation didn't succeed (due to the errors on the data drive during computing) is there any chance of recovering the data on that disk? UnRAID marks it as "Unmountable" on the Main page or "Faulty" on the Dashboard every time I restart the computer.

Could it be something with the SATA cable? These issues have just started to arise after I opened up the chassis, and I might have seen this issue occur with a similar drive (no preexisting issues) that might have been using the same SATA cable.

As an update, I've run the reiserfsck --rebuild-sb and --rebuild-tree commands and tried mounting it outside the array with the "mount" command, and it seems that I can read all the data off the drive. I'm starting to copy all the data over into a drive that's currently working in the array.

However, there's some stuff in the lost+found directory. Should I be worried about this?

However, there's some stuff in the lost+found directory. Should I be worried about this?

That is stuff for which ReiserFS was unable to dermine the correct name (typically because the relevant directory entry was corrupt/not found).    You have to decide whether you cam identify it by inspection, and whether you want to be bothered.

Archived