docker location

hello

i am looking to start using docker for sab/sickbeard/torrent client (not sure if there is an option)

however all of the information that i can find seems to indicate it needs to be stored on the cache drive, can the docker image not be stored on the existing storage array?

thanks

hello

i am looking to start using docker for sab/sickbeard/torrent client (not sure if there is an option)

however all of the information that i can find seems to indicate it needs to be stored on the cache drive, can the docker image not be stored on the existing storage array?

thanks

Sure it can. Specify a location of /mnt/disk1/docker.img if you want. You just can't do it through user shares.

thanks for the fast reply!

if the drive that contains docker fails will i loose the docker image and contents? or when the drive is replaced will docker be rebuilt as well?

A rebuild from parity is on a sector by sector basis, so everything is rebuilt.

The reason most use cache for this is because any writes to an array drive also involve writes to parity, so putting applications on the array will often result in keeping both disks spinning.