Help With Networking VM on unRAID 6.0 beta 15

Living Legend

I'm having trouble setting up the VM network.

I'm currently running mythbuntu as the OS.

If set to DHCP, I can connect to the outside world.  But apparently, with KVM (this didn't happen with XEN), some sort of configuration is different so that the VM is not recognized on the local network.  The VM is also not able to recognize devices on the network. 

Hence, my problem.  I'm trying to get mythTV to recognize my TV tuners, but it's not able to find them.  I can ping the IP, but that's it.  I can also access the outside world through a browser, but that doesn't help.

I changed to a static IP, but this didn't work.  I tried to set up a bridged connection, but I'm struggling with that now.  Under network settings, the bridge name is set to br0.  When I view the config file for the bridge:

<interface type='bridge'>

<mac address='52:54:00:bc:8a:49'/>

<source bridge='virbr0'/>

<target dev='vnet0'/>

<model type='virtio'/>

<alias name='net0'/>

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>

</interface>

I don't know if these need to match, but they don't and I can't edit.  The bridge connection inside the mythbuntu OS is called br0.

My current VM network static config does not work.  This is what my /etc/hosts/interfaces file looks

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0

iface eht0 inet manual

auto br0

iface br0 inet static

address 192.168.1.111

network 192.168.1.0

netmask 255.255.255.0

broadcast 192.168.0.255

gateway 192.168.0.1

bridge_ports eth0

bridge_stp off

brdige_fd 0

bridge_maxwait 0

When I view ifconfig from the VM terminal it lists out everything like it should be working.

Any idea where I'm going wrong here?  I've done tons of googling with my free time today, but to no avail.

I'm having trouble setting up the VM network.

I'm currently running mythbuntu as the OS.

If set to DHCP, I can connect to the outside world.  But apparently, with KVM (this didn't happen with XEN), some sort of configuration is different so that the VM is not recognized on the local network.  The VM is also not able to recognize devices on the network. 

Hence, my problem.  I'm trying to get mythTV to recognize my TV tuners, but it's not able to find them.  I can ping the IP, but that's it.  I can also access the outside world through a browser, but that doesn't help.

I changed to a static IP, but this didn't work.  I tried to set up a bridged connection, but I'm struggling with that now.  Under network settings, the bridge name is set to br0.  When I view the config file for the bridge:

<interface type='bridge'>

<mac address='52:54:00:bc:8a:49'/>

<source bridge='virbr0'/>

<target dev='vnet0'/>

<model type='virtio'/>

<alias name='net0'/>

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>

</interface>

I don't know if these need to match, but they don't and I can't edit.  The bridge connection inside the mythbuntu OS is called br0.

My current VM network static config does not work.  This is what my /etc/hosts/interfaces file looks

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0

iface eht0 inet manual

auto br0

iface br0 inet static

address 192.168.1.111

network 192.168.1.0

netmask 255.255.255.0

broadcast 192.168.0.255

gateway 192.168.0.1

bridge_ports eth0

bridge_stp off

brdige_fd 0

bridge_maxwait 0

When I view ifconfig from the VM terminal it lists out everything like it should be working.

Any idea where I'm going wrong here?  I've done tons of googling with my free time today, but to no avail.

Change the source bridge virbr0 to br0 in your xml.

Archived