Best Practices - Plex & SSD/App Drive

I'm preparing to start installing useful apps on SSD's and such and have 2 questions. 

1. I've looked around the forums for best practices regarding setting up an App drive but not found anything.  Can someone point me to a good link/post?

2. Also, I'm wanting to setup Plex to live on the SSD App drive.  Can someone point me to a good link/post on setting up Plex that way?

As always, thanks for the wisdom!

By far the simplest thing is just to create a share for appdata and set it to Use cache disk: Only. According to your sig you already have a large SSD for cache.

If you do it as a separate disk you will have to partition, format, mount, unmount yourself. Partition and formatting are a one time thing, and mount/unmount can be automated, but you will have set it up. Nothing in the GUI to help you with any of this.

If you just put it on your cache disk, unRAID has already taken care of all that. That is the way most people do it.

Ok, so the short answer is you can't really setup BOTH a cache and an app drive separately?  But you could combine SSD's into a larger cache pool using BTRFS.  Correct?

That is correct if you want them both under unRAID control.  If you are happy to have the drive outside unRAID control and are happy to handle the mounting/unmounting yourself then you can have them as separate drives. 

Having said that the "Unassigned Drives" plugin (which seems to have replaced the SNAP plugin) might be able to automate mounting drives that are not assigned to unRAID control.