Anyone using rack mount cases?

NJAVGOD

• 4 weeks later...

So before we see some SIL/NORCO support, I wanted to share my config for a smallish (in terms of depth) 4U rack mount 12 disk SATA rig:

Aluminum SATA HDD Hot-Swap 3-in-2 Mobil Rack BP-SATA2131B $80 x 4 (BP-SATA2131B)

4 U case $85 (4080BK)

Total with shipping in the US is $30 for $495.00 in total.

That's a case 2 fans, 12 SATA removable mobile rack enclosures.

http://www.plinkusa.net/web4080.htm

I'll also use a quiet Seasonic (400w) Power supply that I already have since this is not going into the basement and will be in a cabinet in my HT. I'll also see if I can Add a quite 120MM fan in the back to help the exhaust.

-alex

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So before we see some SIL/NORCO support, I wanted to share my config for a smallish (in terms of depth) 4U rack mount 12 disk SATA rig:

Aluminum SATA HDD Hot-Swap 3-in-2 Mobil Rack BP-SATA2131B $80 x 4 (BP-SATA2131B)

4 U case $85 (4080BK)

Total with shipping in the US is $30 for $495.00 in total.

That's a case 2 fans, 12 SATA removable mobile rack enclosures.

http://www.plinkusa.net/web4080.htm

I'll also use a quiet Seasonic (400w) Power supply that I already have since this is not going into the basement and will be in a cabinet in my HT. I'll also see if I can Add a quite 120MM fan in the back to help the exhaust.

-alex

I agree with Aaron. This is a great bargain. My unraid is in full swing now. However, i am quickly getting to the "2nd set" of harddrive now (7-12) and i will need a 2nd psu to support it. do you guys have a good spot to put it in this rackmount case.

I am totally new at the dual psu thing, so any help would be appreciatated.

Thanks

I'm very interested in hearing the answer to that question as well.  What's the scoop on fitting a large enough single supply, or a second supply, into this case?

Seems like it should do "okay" in terms of noise, depending upon the fans used.  What's your experience?

Thanks for the great tip!  Looks like this could really be a winner.

Archived