Not starting Docker: mount error

MethodCall

Not exactly sure what happened.  Presently, it seems that Docker won't start at all.  Docker (and all the apps I had running on it) have been acting pretty wonky ever since I upgraded from 6 beta 10 to 6 beta 15.  (Yes, I followed the instructions to create a new img.)  Pulled up the WebGUI today and Docker seems to have shut down and won't start back up.  Assuming this likely had something to do with the upgrade to beta 15, I have blown away all of my container's settings and deleted the docker.img that was left.  Then, from the WebGUI, I enabled Docker in the usual way (DockerSettings.gif).  It successfully created the img file on my cache drive... but the WebGUI never added the Docker tab and, if when I pull up [unRAID's IP]/Docker, the body of the page is just blank (SlashDocker.gif).

I ran docker info from the command line and got the following...

FATA[0000] Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.17/info: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory. Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?

...which is what leads me to suspect Docker isn't even starting.

Fortunately, I am SUPER useless in Linux (still working on that) but if anybody has any ideas that might get me travelling in the right direction, it would be HUGELY appreciated!  Thanks!

Edit:  Additional info from the syslog:

May  8 19:37:25 unRAID logger: Starting docker.io
May  8 19:37:25 unRAID logger: Not starting Docker: mount error

DockerSettings.gif.a8e8b99e4ba21dd02e88d12dfb45b8d9.gif

SlashDocker.gif.fdf5f07e3d76b45c0bf1535d6cd28c71.gif

It's a fresh image that has no containers yet (on account of the Docker tab being blank).  I have not tried to create a container via the command line but I'd wager a small (yet, foldable) sum of money that'd error out, as well.

EDIT:

My docker.cfg:

DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs"
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/Cache Only/Docker/docker.img"  //This is the new image file.  So, I can at least confirm that it's looking at the right file.
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="30"
DOCKER_ENABLED="yes"

Ok... think I fixed it.  I blew away the new docker.img, blew away the "Cache Only" share, and re-created it as cache_only.  As soon as I did that, the Docker tab sprung forth into existence gracefully and, voila... I'm creating needo/plex right damn now.  Once it finishes building, I'll post again to confirm that everything is, in fact, working and mark the thread solved.

If this does end up working, it might be worthwhile considering banning spaces from share names as a rule (or maybe just replacing them with underscores behind the scenes).  I doubt it was the uppercase characters that did me in but, if a rule on share name formatting is added, you might want to cover both cases.  Docker, at least, doesn't seem to like one (or either) of them.

EDIT: Yup.  All good here.  PMS is adding movies to itself perfectly.  Marked OP as solved, as well.

Ok... think I fixed it.  I blew away the new docker.img, blew away the "Cache Only" share, and re-created it as cache_only.  As soon as I did that, the Docker tab sprung forth into existence gracefully and, voila... I'm creating needo/plex right damn now.  Once it finishes building, I'll post again to confirm that everything is, in fact, working and mark the thread solved.

If this does end up working, it might be worthwhile considering banning spaces from share names as a rule (or maybe just replacing them with underscores behind the scenes).  I doubt it was the uppercase characters that did me in but, if a rule on share name formatting is added, you might want to cover both cases.  Docker, at least, doesn't seem to like one (or either) of them.

EDIT: Yup.  All good here.  PMS is adding movies to itself perfectly.  Marked OP as solved, as well.

Hmm, that is odd.  Will attempt to recreate the issue in the lab and if so, will flag this as a bug for resolution. Thanks for the insight!!

• 1 month later...

Archived