Keep getting red balls against drives

ekim

I have an issue at the moment with my server, my setup is as follows:

ASRock B75 Pro3-M (8 Drives connected)

Intel Celeron G1610

Crucial 4GB DDR3 Kit

Corsair CX430

Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 (1 Drive connected)

8 * WD Red 3tb (1 * Parity, 6 * Data, 1 * Hot Spare)

1 * WD Black 500gb (Cache)

I keep getting drives red balled. Had one last week and quickly rebuilt the array with one of my back up drives. Then I had another fail so got a new replacement drive precleared them and rebuilt the array again. Got the array back online and the cache drive decided to show as unformatted! I rebooted and the cache drive had disappeared completely. Checked all of the cables and started up again. The system booted the cache drive work however another of the drives red balled.

I am beginning to think, and want some thoughts from the community on this - that the power supply is at fault here. Perhaps there is too much in the server now and it is struggling to get enough power to the disks at boot?

Syslog here:

http://pastebin.com/iyMa8DvV

Just ordered a new PSU went for the Seasonic X-Series 650w that should give me plenty of bandwidth on future upgrades too. Should arrive tomorrow so will be able to hopefully get everything back up and running this weekend.

Just ordered a new PSU went for the Seasonic X-Series 650w that should give me plenty of bandwidth on future upgrades too. Should arrive tomorrow so will be able to hopefully get everything back up and running this weekend.

Nice, jealous now! lol.  ;D

Archived