Swapping Motherboard

I had a quick search around the Wiki and Forums and couldn't seem to find an 100% answer (I might have totally overlooked it, but I did actually try to nut it out myself).

When I originally bought Unraid (many moons ago) I bought an Abit AB9 PRO. They were the best at the time having 9 onboard SATA and everything was running perfect! I was so happy with how everything was running!

Now, I just bought a new Lian Li case and some Lian Li hotswappable drive bays and it seems it doesn't like my motherboard (the full sized AB9 actually touches the drive bays when they are in). So it looks like I will need a smaller motherboard so that I can run cables from the hotswaps to the motherboard.

I will probably have a look through the compatibility list and buy the smallest 775 board (SATA ports don't bother me as I will be buying PCI cards) and some compatible PCI cards.

tl;dr: When swapping motherboards what do I need to do? (since I was running all drives onboard and on the new motherboard will be using PCI cards). Will Unraid work it all out for me? Or am I going to run into problems!

I take it we're on opposite sides of the "pond"  :P :P

Unfortunately, if I can't find a use for it and you are happy to pay postage I could send it to ya.. Have no real use for it..

Back to changing motherboards, what happens if I can't remember all the drive assignments? I know for sure what one parity is, and assume the others are in order.. But if not can I get away with only knowing parity?

I take it we're on opposite sides of the "pond"  :P :P

Unfortunately, if I can't find a use for it and you are happy to pay postage I could send it to ya.. Have no real use for it..

Back to changing motherboards, what happens if I can't remember all the drive assignments? I know for sure what one parity is, and assume the others are in order.. But if not can I get away with only knowing parity?

Take a screen shot of the page first and save it on the PC.

But if not can I get away with only knowing parity?

As already said, do a screen-print of the "Devices" page.  Save it someplace safe.

If you already disassembled everything, you can get away with just knowing which drive was the parity drive...

In order to not have to re-calculate all parity you must re-install all the drives removed from the old motherboard that were there at the time parity was last calculated. If you leave out a drive, parity must be completely re-calculated.

One thing to remember, if a data drive is assigned a different slot in the array than before, any split level/user security for that disk may need to be moved.

Odds are high you will need to press the "Restore" button to start the array as it will complain of too many wrong drives on the new hardware.  You should be able to use the "Trust My Parity" procedure as described in the wiki.  I wold let the parity check run to completion.

Joe L.