[solved] Previously Used USB Rejected by Licensing System

jeffreywhunter

I must have broke something with the licensing system…

unRAID OS Version: 6 rc 3.0

Description:

A few days ago I swapped USB drives, LG sent the new key files and that process worked fine.

Now I’m trying to diagnose a problem on my first system that has the panic problem by switching to different hardware.  Second system is up and running great.  So I’m trying a completely new build on new hardware, so downloaded fresh build to the old USB drive I had used before.  Got the new trial key and moved that file to the /boot/config directory.  Reboot and its telling me that my trial has expired.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150522-gwtr-31kb

Then when I ask to get the trial extended…it tells me I can’t because my trial hasn’t expired…

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150522-3ej5-33kb

I thought perhaps the problem is because I’m using a USB drive the licensing system has seen before, so its confused?

So I pulled out a new USB drive that I have not used before, and did the same – new build, then boot.  When that USB boots, I have empty directories on the USB drive…  (See http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40104.msg376848#msg376848).

Ugh, I’m beginning to think ASUS boards are cursed by the Linux gods (both the first board (p8z68-v pro) and this board (m5a97 r2.0) just don’t work well with unraid…  Too bad, they are nice boards…

How to reproduce:

In description

Expected results:

Either the trial.key would work, or the extension request would...

Actual results:

In description

Other information:

So just to be clear, one of the USB drives I've used before boots just fine, it just gets the licensing snafu.  All I really need to move forward is to get that problem fixed.  At this point, while the 'blank' file thing is interesting, I need to move on...

I must have broke something with the licensing system…

unRAID OS Version: 6 rc 3.0

Description:

Got the new trial key and moved that file to the /boot/config directory.  Reboot and its telling me that my trial has expired.

So is the trial key you are trying to use the key you obtained from the same flash device you're now trying to use it on?

Remotevisitor wins the prize - Yes, the clock is the culprit. 

LT helped me figure it out.  Turns out the problem is because my system clock was off by more than 5 min.  If the clock is off, then it assumes that someone is trying to cheat by changing the system clock.  I hadn't configured the clock yet, so as soon as I set that, everything worked fine.

Would be good to have that display as a potential error message.  "Potential causes:  your clock isn't configured properly.  Try setting your time (Settings>Date/Time) and apply it to update your systems clock."  or something to that affect...

Would be good to have that display as a potential error message.  "Potential causes:  your clock isn't configured properly.  Try setting your time (Settings>Date/Time) and apply it to update your systems clock."  or something to that affect...

On the Registration page it says:

"Note: Please make sure your server time is accurate to within 5 minutes."

Archived